Psalm 27 (NIV)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life–of whom shall I be afraid?
- When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
- Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
- One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
- For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
- Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.
- Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me.
- My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.
- Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
- Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
- Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
- Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.
- I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Started September 2009