This time I thought I’d post a very simple recipe. That’ll work, right?
Microwave Peanut Brittle
(demonstrated at the Alaska State Fair, Palmer, September 2009)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Butter a cookie sheet well.
- Dump sugar and Karo syrup in a big microwave safe bowl; microwave on High for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add peanuts; microwave 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and butter; microwave 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda and stir fast. Pour into a buttered pan. Let cool and break up.