Alaskan summers are usually cool, cloudy, and rainy with just a few days of sun.
Not this year!!!
I have lost track of the number of 70-degree days this year! It’s beautiful, sunny, and warm! I am trying to soak it all up, to save some warmth for winter. I know it won’t be long before the weather turns. (But I’m really hoping for at least one more beautiful week, as the oldest calf goes to day camp next week.)
Wednesday was a beautiful, wonderful, dreamy summer day. So many thankful points yesterday!
- Vacation Bible School for the boys. It does make for a busy, long week, as we need to be on the road before we’re usually awake and ready for the day. But they are thoroughly enjoying their time with friends, crafts, snacks, games, etc.!
- A place and opportunity to spend a few minutes with the youngest calf to plan out next year’s school. I’ve heard others talk about taking a whole day (even a couple days) to set out their goals and plans for the year, and maybe I can try that next year. For now, I’m just thankful for whatever I get. And I’m getting more and more excited about this school as I see my thoughts and plans and ideas coming together!
- A library story time, just me and my girl. It’s hard for the boys to go to the toddler story time. Although they love hearing the stories, they can be loud and block the littler kids from seeing the books. It’s not often that just she and I can enjoy the stories and games.
- A little time at the park with the children: warm sun, fun times, and a quick sandwich lunch. And did I mention it was warm? Oh, I could get used to this!
- A quick stop into the fabric store to get things needed for the baby’s littlest one’s second birthday party this weekend! (OK, honestly, this stop could have gone better. . . . like not having to chase boys around the store, or constantly remind them to stay out of the way of other shoppers, or reprimand them for picking on each other. . . but I love going in there anyway!)
- After playing in the hot sun and getting sweaty, a dip at the pool. Ahhhhhhhh, 84-degree water on a 70-degree day. Totally delicious!
- Then home for dinner and early to bed for (almost) all. . . I learned earlier in the week to keep the windows open and the curtains drawn to keep the house cooler (we don’t usually have to work to keep the house cool in the summertime!)
I’m thankful for the busy-ness of these days. I’m really tired out, but I want to squeeze every ounce of sun and fun out of this summer. “Making memories,” a friend calls it. We are! The LORD has definitely blessed us!
During July, I’m linking up with Lynn for Thankful Thursday. Next month is somewhere else!