I decided earlier in the week that this Thankful Thursday post needed to be light hearted, or at least not as weighty as the other ones I’ve done. I do find myself in some difficult situations, but I need to set them aside for today.
So here is a list of things I am thankful for today:
- Birthday parties. Oh what fun! It will be a few months until our next one. Can’t wait!
- Being able to read the Bible, and this site too. So I have no excuse for not reading!
- Ididarod. Although we missed watching the finish, which was horribly disappointing. Oh well, I guess we’ll just watch the replay.
- Idida Read. Calf #1 is nearly to Nome! It’s a neck-and-neck race to see if he will finish before his chosen musher, Melissa Owens.
- Cheese. Cold, hot and melty, blue veined, yellow, white. No matter how you cut it, cheese has got to be one of the finest things in life.
- Veggie Tales and Pixar.
- My hubby, who is faithful and consistent. Day after day he takes care of us, putting aside what he wants for what is best for the children and me.
- Which, of course, reminds me of Someone else. The one Who left heaven for a few years to walk and tabernacle and commune with us, Emmanuel. Quite profound when you think about that.
- Snow. It makes everything look clean. Yeah, it’s a mess, and it’s hard to drive in it. But look out my window, it’s absolutely gorgeous!
- Did I say chocolate yet? No? Pity. It’s definitely high on my list.
- Chicken pox. Yup, Calf #1 finally has chicken pox!! We are of the opinion that it is better for a kid to have chicken pox than to have the vaccine. And now we wait for the other two to be spotted.
- Instructions on dealing with chicken pox from here. Also commiserating with these folks and these folks.
- Children who love each other. Since the birth of the youngest calf, I’ve been amazed at the older two. They have been so gentle with her, helpful, caring.
Link up here this month and join us in listing your thankfulness!